Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Holiday Meme

HOLIDAY MEME:
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?Such a hard decision. But I guess Egg Nog since it's a once a year treat and Hot Chocolate is all the time

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? My very much older(only two years) very much more mature brother told me at the age of 31/2 that Santa was not real. So presents were always from Mommy and Daddy

3. Colored or white lights on tree/house? Growing up, it was always white lights on the tree and the house. But as soon as I got my first apartment with my sister we decided colored lights and I like colored lights much better.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yup, my dad used to hang them in every door way. An excuse to kiss my mom in front of us back when we thought our parents kissing was "ewww!". But he used to call it tickle toe with me and lure me under it so he could chase me around and tickle my toes.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Day after Thanksgiving

.6. What is your favorite holiday dish? We do something different every year. THe past couple of years it's been an Italian dinner...Lasagna or Stuffed Shells,tossed salad,garlic bread and thanks to my oldest sister a million and a half cookies and deserts.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? The year every single one of us was sick. It was so great because my dad worked two jobs and always had to work christmas and the day after. we would get up at 5 am and open presents before he had to go to work,then go back to bed. but the year we were all sick he was there the whole day and it was just nice even though we all took turns running to the bathroom.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Like I said, 3 1/2. What a cruel cruel world. But I've got Ki-ki's now, so I've started beleiving again :*)

.9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We used to go the my grandmas and sing carols and sweat like crazy in her 125000 degree house and open our grandma presents and then go home and open one mom and dad present on christmas eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? (I'm going by my childhood, but things will be different this year) My sister Natalie and I dance around like lunatics and wrap every decoration we can find around the tree until it threatens to fall over. My brother would sit on the couch watching, my eldest sister would bark the orders and my mom and dad would put on each of our individual baby ornaments and hand painted ornaments from my grandma and leave the rest up to me and Natalie.

11. Snow - love it or dread it? I'm from upstate New York. I LOVE IT!!

12. Can you ice skate? ...negative. But I'd love to try again!

13. Favorite holiday movie? Emmit Otters Jug Band Christmas,Raisins Special,Muppet Christmas,Bernstein Bears Christmas,White Christmas(Danny Kaye,of course!),Frosty the Snowman....I can't pick one.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The music,the smiles,the "wow's!",the warm lovey feeling

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I hate pie...but at Christmas I love Blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Singing Christmas Carols at my Grandmas because we had booklets with all the classic songs and my Grandma still got all the words wrong.

17. What tops your tree? An Angel in a white and gold dress

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? of course giving(grins!)

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? hmmm,hard one. White Christmas I guess

20. Candy Canes, yes or no? Of course.

and I now tag Chip and no excuses you can use my blog (hehehe,muah hahaha....he thinks he'll get away with it because he doesn't have a blog)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

What a neat way to learn your holiday traditions! I can tell you like this season a lot!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home